img alt="How to Restore Galaxy S4 Firmware " src="https://cdn.shortpixel.ai/client/q_lossy,ret_img,w_300,h_198/https://thedroidguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/samsung-galaxy-s4-300x198.jpg" width="300" height="198"">
If Kies fails on an ongoing update and you are having trouble recovering the firmware or the operating system of your Samsung Galaxy S4 using the emergency firmware recovery, you can use the method on how to restore Galaxy S4 firmware which will be discussed here to successfully reload your OS.
Be warned though that the method here on how to restore Galaxy S4 firmware only applies to supported models and choosing to undergo the processes enumerated below shall delete all data from your device. So, be sure to backup everything first. Check the Kies Information under the Help/Information menu to determine the version of the software. Then, run the operation required below:
Checking for Kies Compatibility
1. Launch Kies.
2. Go to Tools and choose Firmware Upgrade and Initialization.
3. Enter the name of your phone.
4. Input the model name of your Galaxy S4 (in CAPS). It is found at the back of its casing.
5. Select OK.
6. Kies will now verify if your device is supported along with a warning message saying that all data from your device will be deleted during the process.
7. Click OK if you agree with it.
How to Restore Galaxy S4 Firmware
1. After the previous item, Kies will download and initialize the firmware update. Wait until it finishes.
2. Just hit Continue with every warning message until you reach the emergency recovery process.
3. Don’t forget to put a check on the confirmation message saying, “I have read all of the above information” once you have performed all the required information in the window.
4. Configure your desired information saving option, connect to Kies and switch your phone to Recovery Mode.
5. Hit the Start Upgrade button and wait until the process finishes. Do not interrupt the process.
6. After you see a confirmation message saying that everything is complete, hit the OK button to finish.
For further questions, email us at span data-cfemail="0568646c6967646245716d6061776a6c6162707c2b666a68"">>[email protected].
Source : https://thedroidguy.com/2018/05/how-to-restore-galaxy-s4-firmware-after-failed-kies-update-77507474